min 2 - max 12
up to 4.5 hours
min 8 years
- When: 09:45 every day (we can be flexible, so ask!)
- Price: 300 kuna (39 euro) per person
- Duration: 4.5 hours
- Distance: 4 – 6 NM
- Price includes: kayak, equipment, guide
- Min: 2
- Max: 12
- What to bring: teva-like sandals, quick drying clothes, hat and sunscreen, water, snacks, waterproof camera
- Tour type: sea kayaking, youth and family, nature & wildlife, cultural
- Activity level: moderate to medium
- Meeting point: at the bottom of the stone stairway at the main (south) entrance to the old town
- Sea kayaking
- Discovering Korcula’s archipelago
- Swimming and snorkelling in little beaches
- Finding out about local history and ways
- Great views
For millenia people have sailed around Korčula to explore, conquer, trade…nowadays, these crystalline waters lure modern travellers who want to discover both history and nature of one of the most beautiful corners of the Adriatic sea. Islets and rocks scattered between towns of Korčula, Lumbarda and Orebić are a getaway for locals and provide little pebble beaches, clear water, more or less secluded and protected coves, Badija has a monastery, Vrnik quarries from the Roman times, Majsan hosted a villa from the same period and so on. The backdrop to this eye-pleasing scenery is the mountain of Saint Ilija, towering mightily almost a kilometer above the sea level, guarding the strait between Pelješac peninsula and Korčula island.
Feeling good about this trip is what matters – our pace follows the agility and ability of the group and adapts to weather conditions. Tour always starts with introduction to the activity and equipment, safety briefing and than we set out.
Our sea kayaking tour takes us from Korčula around islets with stops for swimming, snorkelling and enjoying different angles of the area that in the past witnessed some of the major naval battles as well as capturing Marco Polo by the Genovese fleet. Those days are gone, today it’s all about fishermen, nature lovers, modern explorers, yachtsmen and sea kayakers seeking their special spot in this magical archipelago.
Note: Itinerary depends on weather conditions, time of season – daylight hours, group size and fitness level