up to 6 hours
min 10 years
- When: 8:00AM every day (we can be flexible, so ask!)
- Price: 350 kuna (46 euro) per person
- Duration: 3/4 or 5/6 hours if we stop for lunch
- Distance: 4,5 km (short tour) or 10,5 km (full tour)
- Price includes: English speaking guide, transfer
- Min: 4
- What to bring: comfortable sport shoes, breathable clothes, hat and sunscreen, water, snacks, little backpack, lightweight and breathable rain jacket (in case of rain and wind)
- Tour type: hiking, youth and family, nature & wildlife, cultural, agriculture
- Terrain: trail, gravel, asphalt
- Activity level: easy, moderate
- Light hiking for great pleasure
- Visiting the inland of the island
- Discovering ‘’lost’’ villages
- Learning about old ways of life
Unlike most hiking trips this one starts with a descent and ends at the sea level. First step is to get a transfer from Hvar town which will take us up the old, picturesque road winding through the countryside with great panoramic views to other islands, hilltops, lavender fields, olive groves and a whole lot of rocks; particularly dry walls stretching endlessly in all directions formed when people worked really hard to remove the stones from the soil in order to cultivate it. Now they are a testimony and reminder of past centuries before tourism.
We start walking through Velo Grablje village, nowadays scarcely inhabited in spite of its rich history and wonderful geographic position. From there we hike down into the gorge to find another neglected gem of almost extinct Dalmatian architecture known as Malo Grablje – village completely abandoned in the 50es of the last century. We’ll walk through little alleys to discover its most interesting corners.
We continue our hike down to the village of Milna on the water and there we either finish the tour and call for transfer or go on following the coastal trail that will like few others reveal the true Mediterranean features and eventually take us back to Hvar town.
The curious thing is that the only renovated house in Malo Grablje is a tavern run by a local family and a great one too where we optionally can have tasty meal in a truly unforgettable setting.
Please let us know should you choose to have lunch in a local tavern along the way so we can book it in advance.
Note: Itinerary depends on weather conditions, time of season – daylight hours, group size and fitness level