min 2 - max 12
up to 4 hours
min 14 years
HVAR SEA KAYAKING HALF DAY TRIP
- When: 09:30AM every day (we can be flexible, so ask!)
- Price: 375 kuna (50 euro) per person
- Duration: 4 hours
- Distance: 4 – 6 nm
- Price includes: kayak, equipment, guide, light lunch
- Min: 2
- Max: 12
- What to bring: teva-like sandals, quick drying clothes, hat and sunscreen, water, snacks, waterproof camera
- Tour type: sea kayaking, fit and family, nature & wildlife, cultural
- Activity level: moderate – medium
- Meeting point: at Križna luka cove – second beach from the town center, 10 min walk along the waterfront in direction of south
- Sea kayaking in beautiful water
- Carbon paddles
- Discovering fine spots of the archipelago
- Swimming and sunbathing in little beaches
- Finding out about local history and ways
Everybody is crazy about Hvar and it’s not just because of its beauty and charm coming from stone buildings, cathedral, old theater, arsenal, fort and numerous little alleys with lively bars and restaurants. Hvar also owes its fame to the archipelago of Paklinski or Pakleni islands spread out East – West with almost six nautical miles in length. Home to various legends throughout history they provided valuable resources of wood and resin (paklina) for wooden boats built in the past mainly for fishing purposes. The fishermen of Hvar are still a common sight in the area, yet in the season there are more visitors anxious to feel the vibe and charm of the little islands, its restaurants, pebble beaches, crystal water, protected and secluded coves.
We set out from a beach near the center of the town, cross the strait and head out towards the islets to explore them. Whether our pace is faster or slower we’ll find some nice spot(s) to swim, rest, have light lunch and get to know the area.
Sea kayaking in these waters gives a unique perspective and interaction with the ambiance that no other vessel can match. This tour is intended to those seeking moderate physical effort and firsthand experience of this corner of the Mediterranean, all in one.
Note: Itinerary depends on weather conditions, time of season – daylight hours, group size and fitness level