min 2 - max 12
up to 8 hours
min 14 years
HVAR SEA KAYAKING FULL DAY TRIP
- When: 08:30AM every day (we can be flexible, so ask!)
- Price: 750 kuna (100 euro) per person
- Duration: 8 hours
- Distance: 5 – 15 NM
- Price includes: kayak, equipment, guide, lunch
- Min: 2
- Max: 12
- What to bring: teva-like sandals, quick drying clothes, hat and sunscreen, water, snacks, waterproof camera
- Tour type: sea kayaking, fit and family, nature & wildlife, cultural
- Activity level: medium – spirited
- Great day on the water
- Discovering whole archipelago of Pakleni
- Swimming and sunbathing in little beaches
- Finding out about local history and ways
Everybody is crazy about Hvar and it’s not just because of its beauty and charm coming from stone buildings, cathedral, old theater, arsenal, fort and numerous little alleys with lively bars and restaurants. Hvar also owes its fame to the archipelago of Paklinski or Pakleni islands spread out East – West with almost six nautical miles in length. Home to various legends throughout history they provided valuable resources of wood and resin (paklina) for wooden boats built in the past mainly for fishing purposes. The fishermen of Hvar are still a common sight in the area, yet in the season there are more visitors anxious to feel the vibe and charm of the little islands, its restaurants, pebble beaches, crystal water, and protected coves.
Although this is a full day trip intended to more experienced and agile paddlers there are things to consider regarding our options and weather conditions, of course. It is possible to circumnavigate most of the archipelago in a day and yet make enough stops to swim and relax. The further you go, less boats you encounter and more interesting and diverse spots are discovered.
On the other hand even if we don’t opt for complete circle there are still enough reasons to take this trip such as the remains of a Roman villa rustica, secluded coves, solitary rocks and so on…
Needless to say that a long day on the water opens up appetite, therefore we’ll have lunch somewhere along the way in a nice local restaurant.
Note: Itinerary depends on weather conditions, time of season – daylight hours, group size and fitness level